**Please email resume and 3 references to [email protected]. Feel free to include a cover letter, but it is not a requirement.
Full Job Description
Title: Associate Executive Director
Location: St. Louis, MO
Muslims for a Better America, INC. (MBA) seeks a part-time Associate Executive Director (AED) focused on civic engagement and education. Under the direction of the AED and with the collaboration and guidance of MBA’s Board of Directors, MBA will become a regionally recognized organized focused on expanding access to voting and civic services. This position will coordinate civic engagement programs to help the St. Louis Muslim community cultivate leaders, improve their advocacy, effect policy change, and increase civic and community engagement.
- Develop strategies, best practices and standards for a range of outreach and engagement efforts
- Develop, facilitate and implement leadership, civic engagement and advocacy trainings/workshops and provide community education and outreach materials
- Manage project/program budgets, ensuring fiscal reports are submitted to the Board and Treasurer within the required timeframe
- Develop and organize positive relationships with community leaders, coalitions, partner and stakeholders, both inside and outside of the St. Louis Muslim community
- Identify and prepare community members for advocacy with key stakeholders at the local, state and federal level
- Communications including monthly newsletters, mailings, social media, website virtual/in-person meetings, etc.
- Serve as the primary public face for MBA
- Act as the primary contact person for the hiring of staff
- Recruit and manage a diverse team of volunteers and interns
- Oversee office operations
- Achieving fundraising goals in coordination with the Board of Directors
- Maintaining regular communications with all regular donors
MBA is a nascent organization which does not yet have the capacity to allow the AED to fulfill these responsibilities in light of the others listed. The AED will be expected to bear in mind the need for these duties to be fulfilled as soon as practicable as s/he is able to delegate other duties to staff. The AED will therefore be expected to delegate other responsibilities listed so long as staff has the competence and experience to carry them out. The AED will also be expected to lead regular staff meetings in order to assign tasks and to evaluate the ability of staff to carry out such duties, so the AED can concentrate on other tasks.
The ideal candidate would possess all of the below qualifications, but these should serve as a guide for the experience the Board of Directors seeks:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Communications or related field
- Some experience and knowledge of local politics and election administration rules
- Commitment to MBA’s mission and demonstrated commitment to advocacy for civic education and engagement
- Understanding of Missouri’s legislative process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to develop and execute a strategic plan
- Fundraising/development experience is desirable
- Budgeting and program management experience preferred
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest and qualifications; (2) your resume; (3) the names and contact information of three references to [email protected] with the subject line “Associate Executive Director”.
- The range for compensation is $20,000 - $22,000 to start
- As the AED develops the organization, salary will rise commensurate with fundraising levels